- Publisher: Watula Press
- Edition: Second Edition
- Available in: Paperback
- ISBN: 978-0-9898495-1-7
- Published: October 10, 2015
FIRST PLACE winner of the 2015 Excellence in Craft Award for Outdoor Book from the Florida Outdoor Writers Association
Building on a strong award-winning first edition, the second edition of The Florida Trail Guide incorporates changes to more than 200 miles of the 1,400 mile Florida National Scenic Trail while expanding greatly on background information for landmarks found along the trail. Logistical details have been deepened, including where to find fuel and specifics on connecting roadwalks.
All services have been updated and maps and data charts better aligned for ease of use. New maps have been added.
New to this edition are alternate routes for Lake Okeechobee closures and flooding along major rivers, special alerts for southbound hikers, and full details for the Eastern Continental Trail from Key West to Big Cypress, including data charts for the Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail, suitable for both hikers and cyclists.
New appendices include maildrops, outfitters, fuel sources, and a glossary. At 348 pages, it’s a 36% increase in information over the last edition.
- 43 regional overview maps
- 63 town maps with updated service details
- GPS coordinates for trailheads
- At-a-glance service icons
- Section and thru-trail mileage
- Mileage between designated campsites
- Hotels and campgrounds near the trail
- Thousands of vetted trail services
- Basics for hiking in Florida
New and improved!
- 36% more information than the previous edition
- More than 140 miles of trail relocations
- Hundreds of additional trail landmarks described
- Alternate routes for flooding and closures
- Southbounder alerts throughout the book
- Larger fonts on maps
- Full ECT details for Key West to Big Cypress
- Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail details
- Lists of maildrops, outfitters, places to buy fuel