- Publisher: Watula Press
- Available in: Paperback
- ISBN: 978-0-9898495-4-8
- Available: November 15, 2019
When you hike the Florida Trail, our 1,400 mile National Scenic Trail along the length of the state, you’ll discover places of unusual natural features and unique botanical beauty. No matter whether you’re a day hiker, a backpacker, a birder, or a photographer, these are special places in Florida that you won’t want to miss.
Florida Trail Hikes explores our top picks for day hikes and backpacking trips you can enjoy on the Florida National Scenic Trail statewide. There are hiking options for hikers of all abilities and interests. There are both short and long hikes, overnight trips, and even a few accessible sections that can also be biked. Some trips are suitable for families. Others are for experienced hikers and backpackers.
Unlike The Florida Trail Guide, which is focused on logistics of planning a linear long distance hike, this book picks the best pieces of the Florida Trail to tackle. Each chapter includes rich descriptive details, color maps, and color photos to inspire you. Each section of the book provides information on places you can camp or stay while doing day hikes in a region, plus other nearby outdoorsy and cultural activities and our picks for eateries.
- Full color, 379 pages
- 56 hiking destinations statewide
- Nine section hiking overviews for the top scenic sections
- 48 hikes, ranging from 0.5 mile to 41.9 miles, described in full detail
- Best overnight and multi-day backpacking trips included
- Scenic loops using the Florida Trail included
- Additional optional routes for each hike
- Regional locator maps
- “Base Camp” communities for planning hiking getaways
- 179 maps and illustrations
PREORDERS NOW OPEN
SHIPPING: Late November 2019
RETAILERS: This book will be available within the United States at a wholesale discount. Become a reseller.